This list of sea vegetables has been edited to ones that most people have a reasonable chance of acquiring provided they have access to a specialty food store or by ordering online.
You can bookmark this site as a help for recipe ideas, shopping and garden planting.
Some information about sea vegetables
Many of these sea vegetables could also be referred to as seaweeds. Kelp is a general term, some other seaweeds fall under this category, sometimes it is labeled simply as kelp. Some countries have advised against Hijiki consumption due to high levels of inorganic arsenic. There are also some toxicity concerns with Spirulina.
- Alaria/Dabberlocks/Badderlocks/Winged Kelp
- Agar Agar/Kanten(a seaweed product used like gelatin)
- Bladderwrack(most often found as a supplement)
- Carrageen Moss/Irish Moss(usually used as a thickener)
- Chlorella(micro algae used as a supplement)
- Digitata Kelp/Oarweed
- Kombu(a kelp)
- Nori(a laver, often referred to simply as nori when in sushi sheets)
- Sea Grape
- Sea Lettuce
- Wakame(a kelp)
In addition to this list of sea vegetables, you can check out these other lists.
List of Vegetables
List of Beans
List of Peppers
List of Squash
List of Fruits
List of Berries
List of Grains
List of Rice